Role Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: Central Bristol, United Kingdom
Application Closes: 18/10/2019 at 12:00 noon
Salary: £21,000 - 23,000 per annum
Open Bionics Ltd is a Bristol based company who designs, develops and manufactures bionic limbs for amputees. Our mission is to: “Create and Democratise Technology that Enhances the Human Body”. We want to make beautiful bionic limbs more accessible and to turn our users’ disabilities into superpowers! We’ve won several awards and was recently named as one of Fast-Company’s most innovative companies in the whole of Europe. Visit our website to find out more about us: www.openbionics.com.
As the Materials Controller you will be responsible for the flow of materials through Open Bionics from goods in to goods out. This is a super opportunity to build an understanding of working with suppliers and purchasing in a fast growing production business!
Core activities include:
- Daily goods in process for all departments
- Daily goods out process to include preparing and booking shipments with carriers, creation of documentation and liaising with customer service team and production to ensure customer orders are fulfilled
- Inventory management and identify items for reordering after the stock count
- Ensure inventory list is up to date for the products that production are building including change requests, concessions and product releases
- Understanding the current status of quarantine stock
- Liaise with suppliers around failed goods in process, quarantining products and SCAR implementation
- Work with R&D and production to develop solutions that resolve supplier related problems
- Ensure the cost per item on the inventory list is up to date, so we have an accurate bill of material cost and support in calculating the cost of bill of materials for new products releases
- Covering for purchasing and supply chain manager when out of office
Development activities include:
- Forecasting activities and working with supply chain and purchasing manager on minimum stock calculations
- Work with CI and R&D to support the transitioning of new products and changes into production through release control
- Implementing business accounts with shipping couriers
- Developing sustainable waste strategies
- Support the implementation of an ERP system
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the goods in process
- Ownership of goods out process
- Ownership of stock count, and communicating the need to buy materials for production
- Ownership of quarantined stock, processing and cost
- Covering Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager responsibility while out of office
A successful first year at Open Bionics would include:
- Documenting the goods in process for the specialised and bespoke stock (e.g. hands, motors, cables) and governance of centralised goods in
- Supporting the implementation and documentation of a goods out process in Operations and ensure we have transparency on the cost of fulfilling orders
- Support the inventory management through the implementation of an ERP system, new product releases and product changes
- Understanding the value of quarantined stock
- Support with the reporting of financial accurate stock levels
- Minimum of 2 years experience in retail, logistics or warehousing environment.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable example of showing initiative, prioritisation and being proactive.
- Desire to learn, grow and develop, and take accountability of further responsibilities.
- Experience of working with suppliers.
1) Write a Covering Letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. You should address the person scorecard criteria and detail why you want to work for Open Bionics.
2) Upload your CV.
Please note that both of the above must be provided in order to be considered for the post.
32 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
50% subsidised Gym/Sports membership or exercise classes
50% subsidised language classes
Flexible working hours
Paid Professional Membership (if applicable)
Free Tea & Coffee
Open Bionics is an Equal Opportunities employer. If you are disabled and require any reasonable adjustments, please contact james @openbionics.com.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and we value diversity in our workplace. We may operate positive action measures to encourage people from under-represented groups to apply and help them overcome disadvantages in competing with other applicants.
If you are successful, you will be expected to start within one month following the offer of an employment contract with Open Bionics Ltd and be expected to provide proof of your right to work in the UK.