Role Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Application Opens: 20/02/2019
Application Closes: 17/03/2019 at midnight (deadline extended from 10/03/2019)
Salary: £22k-25k, dependent on experience
Job Start Date: ASAP, dependant on availability, target start date of 29/04/2019 - 29/05/2019
Required Qualifications: Degree level or equivalent training/experience in: marketing, public relations, communications.
We’re a Bristol-based bionic company developing affordable, assistive devices that enhance the human body. In other words, we turn disabilities into superpowers. We've started by introducing the Hero Arm, a stylish multi-grip bionic hand. We're on a mission to make beautiful bionic limbs more accessible. Visit our website to find out more: www.openbionics.com.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Marketing Officer. The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering engaging and innovative marketing and communication strategies. You’ll have experience creating killer multi-channel content, producing communications that stand out from the crowd, working with the press, and exhibiting at industry events. You will support the Marketing & Communications Director in delivering the company’s ambitious marketing plans.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Director in communicating the Open Bionics brand and key messages through the full mix of communications channels including digital, social, events and PR
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Director and the Sales Team to coordinate the launch of Open Bionics products in multiple territories
- Work on all aspects of communications including media relations, multimedia content development, event management, social media, and the development of creative content
- Create, edit and publish engaging multimedia content (photo, video, written, experiential) across multiple channels
- Design and implement SEO (search engine optimisation) strategies and highly targeted PPC (pay per click) campaigns to drive target audiences to www.openbionics.com
- Support with coordination of national and international events (prosthetics and orthotics trade shows)
- Develop and evaluate social media content, and grow Open Bionics’ digital presence
- Devise and run a variety of email campaigns and track click through, responses, etc
- Maintain relationships with key members of the media locally, nationally and internationally, keeping journalists up to date with breakthroughs
- Support with brand and tone of voice management, ensuring brand consistency runs across channels, campaigns, and product / project identities
- Keep up to date with trends, insight and media to proactively spot and propose creative new opportunities to enhance Open Bionics’ reputation through communications
- The postholder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
A successful first year at Open Bionics would include:
- Coordinate and implement regular targeted communications for multiple audiences
- Support exhibiting at eight major prosthetics events
- Create engaging multimedia content (top marks for videos with viral reach)
- Optimise Open Bionics’ marketing activity to drive customer and clinic sign-ups
- Deliver significant growth of visitors to www.openbionics.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a broad and varied skill set; somebody who is passionate about content and happy to chip in with whatever needs doing. Open Bionics is a start-up and has ambitious growth plans, which will enable you to grow your personal career and responsibilities along with the company.
Desirable attributes include:
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
- Great photographer and videographer and proficient with photo and video editing software
- Proficient with CMS, CRM and SEO practices
- Proficient with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, social analytics
- Experience of PPC management and optimising adword and highly targeted campaigns
- Ability to multitask and manage own workload independently in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for technology, bionics, representation of disability, and helping people
- Some travel may be required to support company activities in the US and throughout Europe.
- 2yrs+ experience delivering effective marketing activities
- Experience of copywriting for website, social, google ads etc
- Experience of creating and editing photo and video content
- Sound understanding of press management
- Experience of trade show planning
- Super passionate about content
- Strong communication skills
- Someone who values planning
- Loves optimising and iterating marketing strategies
- Brand champion for Open Bionics